WHAT WE'RE READING...
Here's our weekly roundup of the best venture capital posts you may have missed from around the web.
- Five key trends are shaping the computing industry today. Could AWS become the OS of the future? Read more here. By Boris Wertz (@bwertz), Founding Partner of Version One VC.
- A deep dive into the history of AWS and its impact on Amazon, the developer community and the e-commerce industry. By Ben Thompson (@benthompson), founder of Stratechery.
- Momentum vs. economics in on-demand economy, and whether Uber’s business model works for all startups – particularly interesting since Spoon Rocket just shut down this week. More here. By Alison Griswold (@alisongriswold).
- We all know who Chris Sacca is (he runs Lowercase, said to be the best performing fund in history). But, what’s it like to be the cowboy-shirt wearing VC’s sidekick? Business partner, Matt Mazzeo, speaks about the VC industry, his 3 venture KPI’s and working alongside Sacca — listen to the interview by Harry Stebbings (@HarryStebbings) of the Twenty Minute VC podcast.
- If you’re too lazy to scroll through all 100 of the top VCs that CB Insights meticulously pulled together, use The New York Times' Top 20 cheat sheet.